Winesicles: The Adult Summer Treat!
Popsicles aren’t just for kids anymore! Indulge with these easy, delicious, & refreshing summertime frozen treats, which are a fun, and unique way to enjoy wine on a steamy day.
Just grab your favourite popsicle mold, spin up the ingredients, pour and freeze. In just a few hours you’ll be chillin in the shade.
Makes 6 to 8 winesicles (depending on size of molds)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup your favourite Niagara Mist wine
- Thinly sliced fresh fruit pieces such as sliced peaches, kiwi, nectarines, mango, or choose your favourite berry: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries
[We used Niagara Mist Strawberry White Zinfandel with strawberry slices and fresh blueberries in the video]
- Whisk sugar with boiling water until dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature. TIP: Syrup can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Stir in wine.
- Place a few pieces of fruit in each popsicle mold. TIP: Use complementary or contrasting fruits for a pretty effect.
- Pour in wine mixture. Insert sticks.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or until solid. Enjoy!