Not Your Grandma’s Lemonade
Niagara Mist Lemonade
There’s nothing more refreshing on a hot summer’s day than a nice cold glass of Lemonade… with a twist! This fruity and sweet lemonade features fresh or frozen sweet berries to nicely balance the sour punch of the lemon, and the Niagara Mist gives it a fun twist that adults will appreciate.
Make a pitcher and enjoy all day long!
Makes about 6 servings or 1 pitcher
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 3 cups Niagara Mist™ Wine [we used Niagara Mist Black Cherry Pinot Noir in the video]
- Fresh or frozen whole fruit such as strawberries, cherries, raspberries or blueberries
- Whisk sugar with boiling water until dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice. TIP: Lemon syrup can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To serve, combine 1 part lemon syrup to 2 parts Niagara Mist wine.
- Fill glasses with fruit and ice. TIP: To make a pitcher, combine the whole batch of lemon syrup with one bottle of Niagara Mist wine. TIP: Using frozen fruit will help to keep your lemonade nice and cool on a summer day without diluting the flavour.
- Pour lemonade over fruit and ice and garnish with fresh lemon.
A cherry or berry flavoured wine is delicious in this summery drink. We used Niagara Mist Black Cherry Pinot Noir in the video, but also try it these other delicious Niagara Mist flavours: Raspberry Merlot, BluePom White Merlot, Strawberry White Zinfandel, or Wildberry White Zinfandel.